Old 03-17-23, 12:22 PM
alexihnen 

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 200 Posts
Thanks for the comments. I’ve kept a ledger of bikes I’ve restored and sold and I’ve shared it with a number of people. Knowing verified sales can be really helpful, but it’s a small community and not everyone loves to publicize sold prices.

This Cinelli sold for the asking price. At that amount I try to make sure everything is ready to ride, unless the bike is explicitly a project. I’ve had really good luck buying here and on some of the other online venues, but I’ve had to work through some messes. Lots of wrong-sized seatposts, some headsets installed incorrectly, stuff like that. Anyway, I ended up spending maybe 6hrs on this bike after selling it. It wasn’t a rider and I never rode it. The rear hub was dry and so I disassembled and greased it. The freewheel went into the sonic cleanser and was oiled. Spoke tension was checked, two chain links removed, fd cable routed correctly at clamp, and serrated washers moved to the correct side of the brake posts. I’m sure that there were other things too.
Likes For alexihnen: