View Single Post
Old 02-20-22, 12:43 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4407 Post(s)
Liked 4,051 Times in 2,702 Posts
I would replace them with some high quality pads and shoes (separate is always better) from KoolStop or SwissStop. You might be able to replace just the pads here though they look like the old 600 one which while similar to replaceable ones might not have been (but I could be wrong don't quote and apologies in advance if I am off base). If you can do that that is always best, never buy molded stuff as it just doesn't give as great braking and they are kinda more expensive in the long term having a replaceable pad with a nice stiff shoe means a lot better braking, easier replacement and the pads are cheaper because you aren't paying more extra hardware or a shoe with it.

One of the best upgrades to your braking is always going to be the simple consumables, good stiff pads and good high quality ...Stop shoes and polished stainless steel cables (uncoated) with a good slick compressionless housing. New calipers and levers are always nice and will be an upgrade but honestly I think those consumables are actually the better upgrade for most folks.