Old 08-13-23, 11:15 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2511 Post(s)
Liked 749 Times in 529 Posts
Originally Posted by GamblerGORD53
Face the facts. We are outnumbered 20 to 1 by FLBs. They are NOT out for exercise. We'll be lucky if we can still buy an actual bike in 8 years.
I went for another 96 mile ride with ZERO other bikes on the highways. Back in the hipster zone, E bikes and pogo stick scooters are thicker than flies and dog walkers. Worse yet is these people have the same respect for us as we have for them .... ZERO.
They are clueless maniacs.
Rental bikes are 90%+ of the bike traffic in China now. Likely getting close in places like NYC.
LINUS has more E bikes than normal ones.
I live at Ground Zero for the most bike aware city in the U.S. Apparently no longer the most bike friendly city, we lost that title years ago. But even if I am feeling excitable, about the best I can come up with is that it is the e-bikes that are outnumbered by pedal bikes 4:1. That doesn't count the stand up scooters and powered skateboards, mono-wheels, etc.

But the fact is even a cheap e-bike costs some dough. A cheap mono-wheel is $500. A good one is $1000. Those prices keep the dilettantes away from e-power in huge numbers. Given that I live where more people ride bikes IN THE STREET than anywhere else in the country and most days I am likely to see less than 10 to 15 cyclists total! I just don't know where all this emotion is coming from. Cyclists are a tiny minority of the transportation world. If you are worried about e-bikes on the MUP you are doing it wrong. What the eff are you doing on the MUP in the first place?! Scared of cars? So you want to scare peds? I wouldn't know what goes on on MUP's because I don't ride on them. I suspect there are equal numbers of pedal bikes and e-bikes on MUP's and pedestrians hate both.