View Single Post
Old 02-11-09, 03:56 PM
zoltani
sniffin' glue

Bikes: Surly crosscheck ssfg, Custom vintage french racing bike, Bruce Gordon Rock & Road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wahoonc
I wouldn't even bet on that! I was in a chain restaurant the other night for a very late dinner. They were charging over $6 for a short glass of Sam Adams...they claimed it was an import (and this was on the east coast, not the overpriced west coast)

Aaron
I once got into a heated “discussion” with the bartender, and eventually the manager, of a restaurant over this very issue. They claimed that all domestic beer is $2 during happy hour, so I gladly ordered a Sam Adams. When they told me the price it was more than $2. When I mentioned it they said that it was an import, even though it’s made in the US. After telling them this fact they said “Well, you know what we mean by domestic, Budweiser, miller.”
Ok, so it may be a “craft beer”, but don’t call it a freaking import! Soon after that I think they changed their sign.

Originally Posted by TuckertonRR
even better would be making your own wine. Not very difficult, plus you could use locally-grown grapes & do some experimenting. Probably come up with a better wine than most of whats out there, cheaper, and its something you actually made yourself.
I enjoying brewing my own beer. There is a satisfaction in drinking it that doesn't come when you purchase beer in the store. In the end I guess it is cheaper, and definitely better.

I just watched the PBS documentary called "Affluenza" on you tube and it made me think of this thread. Funny how many things they were warning against are now true. I would have to agree with the poster above that I think the economic crisis will be good for the average american consumer in the end