View Single Post
Old 09-05-21, 06:13 PM
LibertyFLS
GDFTR

Bikes: '74 Falcon San Remo, '80 SR Semi Pro, '88 Trek 360, '18 Fairdale Goodship

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 44 Posts
1980 SR Semi Pro

Documenting my (kids) 1980 SR Semi Pro. Bought around 11/2020.

Discovered frame and forks were bent so got a straight pair from thook and had them chromed at a local place. Also got some super clean Diacompe levers and an Arabesque rear derailleur that was missing when I got the bike.

I watched and read about straightening frames and did my best with a long 2x4 and it actually came out really good, about as close to perfect as it can be without going on a jig. To my eye I no longer detect anything and it goes perfectly straight hands free where it used to pull hard to the side.

Put the Mavic wheels that were on my Falcon on this for a temporary swap that I decided to make permanent. Replaced the seatpost with one the correct diameter and changed no name bars to some Sakae Modolo Anatomic Bend bars. I put some nos Tange Champion stickers on it, not sure if it’s actually champion (original forks and new ones are 100% Tange stamped) but don’t really care, they look nice and it’s not a museum perfect time capsule anyhow. Velo Orange brake cables finished it off.

Pics from for sale post

After I got it home

First ride

swapped to 700c Mavics from my Falcon late last year. Still had the aero levers it came with

how it sits now with all the changes done.

original bike shop sticker in perfect condition. Place is still in business

hanging with older brother
Likes For LibertyFLS: