Old 08-09-10, 03:43 PM
Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I've ridden in all those places. You don't see roadies too much in Yosemite for several reasons -
beautiful riding outside the park (you still have to pay to come in) and motorhomes... need I say more? Plus in the area is great mountain biking which is really taking over in CA.

Lots of riding all about San Francisco but in the City alittle more difficult due to traffic, street conditions, tourists, etc. No sense to ride in the city when you can ride out towards Salsaulito and Tiburon instead.

You see roadies everywhere but if you really want some great road riding, do Central Coast (Santa Barbara up to Santa Cruz). Cycling paradise. I'm doing the Cool Breeze Century end of this month (Ventura to Goleta and back) and it's my favorite. Some great clubs in the area - check out the rides offered by the San Luis Obispo Bike Club, Kern Wheelman, Fresno Bike Club, or Channel Island bike club.

Here in Southern California - you see big road clubs everywhere. Most of them drive me crazy since they don't tend to obey or follow any road rules.

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.

Last edited by Pamestique; 08-09-10 at 03:48 PM.