View Single Post
Old 10-26-10, 07:25 PM
travelmama

Bikes: Kona Ute, Nishiki 4130, Trek 7000, K2 Mach 1.0, Novara Randonee, Schwinn Loop, K2 Zed 1.0, Schwinn Cream, Torker Boardwalk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by no motor?
I took 1 ride in a bright yellow cotton tee shirt that said "volunteer" in red letters on the back and had the American Cancer Society logo in big print across the front. I figured that should generate some good will, but quickly found out why people don't ride in cotton tee shirts.
That is good. Very good!

Originally Posted by DataJunkie
I want motorists to get away from me as fast as possible. Not stick around while reading my shirt.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by mulveyr
+1.

I cannot stand wearing clothing that has any sort of text or manufacturer's logo on it. All it says to me is "I'm so lame that I choose to be a billboard for someone else."

That goes for cycling clothes, too. I would *never* wear anything with a team/sponsor/etc. logo on it, unless it was my own. Why would anyone want to advertise for a company that has no interest in you?
Amen!

I rarely ride in a t-shirt because I like plain long sleeve shirts. I don't pay attention to what words others are wearing on their backs or chests because people wear whatever they have and may get paid to wear such shirts.