Old 01-05-22, 08:04 AM
Doug Fattic 
framebuilder

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Liked 1,919 Times in 657 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart
Doug- Had you ever visited Ron B's shop (or as I remember Ron's brother's shop as I was told by Ron that it was his brother who did most of the frame work). The shop was in the basement of the bike shop, a big old house converted to a store. It was VERY cluttered with tools and scrap all over the place, really, stuff piled on top of other stuff. We at CN thought of Ron's shop and their customers were rather elitist and some standoffish. But that's a common feeling slower riders have of the faster one. Andy
RRB cycles was located in the town just north of the city limits of Chicago. It is where you go to gawk at the very expensive houses and wonder how the owners got their inherited money. I've been to his shop a couple of times. Mostly I just chatted briefly with Ron. Cyclery North was certainly located in a more blue collar part of town although there couldn't have been too many miles between the two shops since you both were way north of down town? There was a young builder at Cyclery North that split from them and I painted a couple of his frames because he had broken off from CN. Do you have any idea who that might have been? This would have been in the early mid 80's. I remember he might have been in his early 20's and had a young wife and child.