View Single Post
Old 04-07-22, 02:06 AM
ZHVelo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by greatbasin
I'm supposing you're taking issue with only my last paragraph. I'm not sure why I would have a "need to find a conspiracy theory." If Americans are fat because they drive everywhere, that would be in agreement that as a culture and economy the US chose technology over health. People choose to spend more on their expensive and high-tech cars, and less on their health at the drive-thru.

If you're so determined to dismiss the obscene prevalence of cheap carbs and sugar in US culture, just try going fat-fueled for one week, just seven days. Try it just as an experiment. It won't take believing a conspiracy theory or converting to a new religion or anything -- just forsaking the carbs totally for a week to increase your awareness of them and experience an alternative. If you decide to switch to a high starch and sugar diet afterward, at least you can say you were open-minded about it.

There's this guy that ate low-sugar and he did the opposite: tried eating a sugary diet as an experiment and made a film documentary about it. He's Australian and one of the things he addresses is the affect on aboriginal peoples that is similar to what you describe for the Pacific Islanders. It's not pro-keto propaganda if you're worried about that. I don't think he mentions keto ever in the film. Be curious and check it out. It's hilarious if nothing else. Free if you have Prime

https://www.amazon.com/That-Sugar-Fi...s%2C138&sr=8-1

Here's the link for YT, same film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhwlyop7fKs
I didn't dismiss the prevalence of cheap carbs and sugars - I pointed out that you are the one dismissing the prevalence of fats. Fast food that I mentioned contains both carbs and fats. In copious amounts.

The only reason why a fat-only diet can work is because it satiates longer. Every diet that works is a diet that in the end restricts caloric intake. Zero issue with carbs if you do not overeat.

And as I mentioned, we are only now starting to learn the absolutely crucial role that gut bacteria play and that every individual has a unique flora. Which is why that video is entirely pointless as the results are dependent on that man's gut flora. Personally I can tell you I feel great on a carb heavy diet.
Likes For ZHVelo: