View Single Post
Old 07-07-21, 10:39 AM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
Pills and Ills-ish update:

Yesterday another BIDMC run. Crack o' dawn appointment, so I got to ride in the passenger seat while my spouse drove me in. Non-essential ******* are still verboten, so left me at the curb to find my own way to the Farr Entrance. (I have always wondered where the Nearr Entrance is.)

I've crossed the rubicon into way too frequent imaging patient, they know me, asked how my bike ride went. Told them couldn't do the morning ride, but will be taking a few BLUEbikes home after the scan.

Went into the MRI head first, wearing a helmet of sorts, as they checked out the insides of my noggin to rule out other organic causes.

One sequence sounded like a heavy metal call and response waltz of all things.

Call, Double Bass Drums: 123123!
Response, Guitar/Bass Bb Power Chords: 123123!
Live version, so went on for six minutes.

Walked from West Campus to East Campus for Starbucks (wasn't allowed coffee before the MRI) for an espresso. Then walked through Riverway Park, through the Longwood Stop, onward over the BU Bridge, then to Magazine Street in Cambridge. Picked up Blue#1 at what might well be the least photogenic bike dock in greater Boston behind Micro Center:

From there, along the Cambridge (our fair city) MA side of Dr. Paul D. White bike path to the edge of Harvard Square:

Walked to Somerville from there, and along the way, wondered why oh why can't I ride on bike boulevards (This is Oxford Street, in Cambridge (our fair city) MA) like this:

Will be negotiating for that at my next Cognitive appointment.

After two miles of walking, at Somerville Community Path at Cedar Street, Blue#2:

Spur of the moment, I decided to stop and get another espresso in Davis, and to dock Blue#2 (no photo).

Picked up Blue#3 in Davis (no photo), rode Somerville Community Path to Alewife Linear Path to Minuteman Bikeway to Arlington Center to dock Blue#3 (photo!):

And got yet another espresso (but discretion said it should be a decaf this time.)

So, the roadless traveled.

Now comes a couple of days of scan stress while I wait for the results. Not too stressed, bloody unlikely that there's something IN my skull. Well, I hope they find a brain, but nothing more:

-mr. bill

Last edited by mr_bill; 07-07-21 at 10:51 AM.
Likes For mr_bill: