View Single Post
Old 07-12-21, 06:44 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,750 Times in 891 Posts
Spent a certain amount of time this afternoon squinting at the weather radar, trying to calculate exactly the right moment to take the bike out without getting drizzled on. I eventually realized that conditions were too unstable to get an answer to that question that wouldn't turn out to be a practical joke, and I had better just dress to get wet, and get on with it. So that's what I did, taking the Surly once again on a quick sprint up the Minuteman to Lexington Center and back.

There were ducks.

About 100 yards beyond the ducks, there was what I took at first for a fox, but was in fact a foxy-colored tabby cat, large and well-groomed, who was standing in the wet trailside vegetation, wishing it were drier, and trying to keep track of the several small rabbits that were hopping away from it, while striving to ignore my greetings. Human language is SO inconvenient to a cat with better things to do. After that brief rhetorical disruption of feline business, I continued on my way, hoping the cat was sufficiently well-fed not to give serious chase to the little bunnies. When I returned, the ducks were still there, the cat and bunnies were not.

rod
Likes For rholland1951: