View Single Post
Old 06-25-23, 10:45 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10965 Post(s)
Liked 7,492 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by primov8
Sold off my road bikes last year after a freak injury knowing I wouldn't have been able to ride and opting to have surgery. Fast forward to last month and perfect timing it was since I was cleared to start riding again and right when Lynskey was having another sale. I wanted another Helix and went with a stock build with Rival AXS 2x. Once it arrived, I swapped out the compact bar for my favorite 3T Superleggerra bar, again with Ciclovation Leather touch tape (synthetic) and Vittoria N.EXT 30c tubeless tires. The KMC X12 DLC chain finally arrives tomorrow.
It'll take some time to get back to 5mm under the stem but as the saying goes, "slowly but surely."
The Helix frames always look neat- whether there is an actual benefit or not, who cares- its cool.
As for 5mm under stem...perhaps that is arbitrary and not indicative of ability or performance. Each bike's varying stack/reach numbers and head tube length plays such a large part in the number of spacers under a stem that it makes getting to a specific under stem length quite arbitrary. I guess that is true unless this frame has the exact numbers all your old bikes also had and you need to get back to a specific number for some reason.

The 20mm of spacers on that bike dont look odd/out of place in any way. Had you not mentioned, it wouldnt even have been something I looked at critically.
Likes For mstateglfr: