Old 08-22-20, 08:33 PM
conspiratemus1
Used to be Conspiratemus

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by chichi
Better to screw loyal customers in the short term and hope you can start something else with money you didn't earn from them?
Wow maybe Canadians have a different have a different take on life than I do.
Yes, canceled Canadian air passengers have been making the same whine since April, so you are in good company. Doesn’t matter what your take on life is, or mine. What matters is the take taken by the tour operator (of whatever nationality​​​​​) who has your money. Take it up with him (or your travel insurer.) Good luck. But do try to remember there are more people in the world than well-off Americans who can’t go to Europe this summer.

The tour operator may not actually have the cash to offer refunds to large numbers of customers who don’t want a rain-check date. The money you paid may have been substantially spent already on non-refundable bookings of services that some of these high-end operators provide and will be charged to the tour operator whether you show up to consume them or not. The tour operator did not close the borders of Europe to American visitors and will not want to dig into his personal assets outside the business to make you whole. When you hear, “Due to circumstances beyond my control. . . “, it usually means you aren’t getting your money back. Force majeure and all that.

Last edited by conspiratemus1; 08-22-20 at 08:38 PM.