View Single Post
Old 03-10-21, 10:43 AM
joeruge

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 41 Posts
Strava Ranting

The first time we used Strava I forgot to turn it off. After driving a few miles I remembered and 'saved' our ride. By the time we got home there was already a guy that wrote me, telling me to 'crop your ride, man!' I had to write him back to ask what he was talking about. I guess our 50MPH along a segment of his KOM really irked him. That taught me that some people really take their Stava seriously. And here, I was only interested in tracking our own miles!

Anyway, back on topic; I have several bikes and when we ride the tandem I put in the description 'Tandem afternoon ride," for example. That basically helps me later when I want to compare times on various segments, tandem compared to my single bike. Though we occasionally have the fastest daily time for a particular segment, I don't think we are anywhere close to any KOM's - not with the number and kind of serious bikers we have in the Tucson region. (Many pros and wannabe pros train here.) If, as a tandem team, you are close to QOM's, it would be a bit unfair to those women that did it on their own. And, as my earlier story above indicated, there are people who take this KOM/QOM thing very seriously and they will let you know.

I believe Strava is starting to address this issue with tandem teams. Do a search, and I think you will find there is a tandem section - which I just joined, thanks to your question. Now, how to use actually use it without fouling everything up? Let the ranking begin...!
Likes For joeruge: