Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3886 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by PoeCo
My philosophy is "don't hate the player, hate the game" (so to speak) in regard to Strava. Like many others, I wish there was a tag to select tandem instead of getting lumped in with all the singles out riding, but that isn't the way it works (at least for now -- hopefully, that will change at some juncture). Now, if I were starting over/starting fresh, I'd probably create a separate tandem Strava account to keep those rides separate from my solo rides, but that didn't occur to me initially, so now they are all lumped in together. They are labeled as tandem rides via the gear, but I have, on several occasions, wished that I could sort out together rides vs those by myself. I am able to do this via Veloviewer because the data is better sorted there, but when it comes to the happenings of Strava and records, well, I go back to my initial statement. This really should be an easy fix for Strava, but my guess is that they just don't have enough squeaky wheels to give them the motivation to get it done.
I think that's the right idea. It's never too late to start. Doesn't really matter about the water under the bridge. I mostly ride tandem outdoors, so I have a premium account for the tandem and a free one for my single. My wife only rides outdoors on the tandem, so she doesn't need another account. We each use TP for keeping track of our training and RWGPS for routes. Both do their jobs much better than Strava. Strava's fun because when you're doing it on Strava, you're doing it in public.