View Single Post
Old 06-26-22, 06:21 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,988 Times in 1,776 Posts
Having sold off a fair amount of bikes locally the past couple of years I'm not seeing a lot of value in the old bikes anymore. Even with an itemized breakdown of all the part upgrade, miles since upgrade, etc, I maybe see 50% what I have in it.

So yeah, I'm probably going to give cheap estimate opinion if I chime in on the appraisal area. That's ever tempering it with what I'd pay which is usually too much if I want it. I don't see anyone acting in bad faith there and really, it's nothing official.

Even more modern stuff just isn't getting money. Got the second XL Super up locally for awhile now. Dang near mint, 235 miles since built, $3586 into it not counting tax, shipping, labor and yet still no real interest at $2250.

Add in the Spica that's been listed here quite awhile for a good price yet as of last week still hadn't sold. If someone tried to value a Giordana here I'd give them a cheap quote all day long despite my experience with how well they ride and are built. I don't see or get the large value numbers some post myself a lot of the time.