View Single Post
Old 08-07-18, 11:27 AM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
No experience with Flight Deck, but I'd seriously like to try it on my DA 7700. My shifters are like new and I've seen the harnesses, etc very cheap on eBay.

The idea that I can set up wheels size, cog size, ring size, etc is pretty cool. I'd love to see my data and then find some way to graph it and point out where I should be in a different gear, etc.

Of course, the pro teams have been doing that for years, and then combining it with biometric info to make decisions that, for all intents and purposes, prove themselves on the Gran Tours, etc.

With Bluetooth, teams are experimenting with remote shifting, which is the likely progression, as the rider decisions become less and less independent. It will come down to a few people, well conditioned and trained, and then the last remaining variable: the desire to win at a given time in a given place vs. the ability to suffer.

After missing out on Flight Deck, I'd like to try it, but things have progressed to the point where I'm not sure I want the wiring, if that makes sense.

I assume, perhaps, by the time Di2.9 comes out, the power meter crank arms, RD and FD will be talking to the head unit, which will also have heart rate, speed, and cadence. Out of that will come data we can all use to go faster if we want, farther if we want, etc.

Pretty cool stuff. Given a complete harness, sensors, and head unit, I'd sure give it a whirl, even if to increase my humiliation in the face of data.

Last edited by RobbieTunes; 08-07-18 at 11:30 AM.