View Single Post
Old 05-28-21, 04:41 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by drlogik
Wow, you sure know how to win friends and influence people! I'm 63, a Baby Boomer and have been stretching ever since my competitive swimming days that started in high school and continued through college. I competed in cross country skiing while in college too. Spent many miles on the bike and rollerskis during the summer to stay in shape.

The whole stretch or not to stretch debate has been going on for years and apparently hasn't ended yet. Maybe we calm down a bit and recognize that all of us are at the age that we are going to do what we are going to do and not much stated on here will change that.

BTW, it's not good form to disparage a person by calling them a "Boomer". I know a few of Boomers who could pound most peoples' "Richard" in the dirt on a bike.

Just sayin'.....

Honestly, I think people who find stretching works for them should keep doing it despite what the science says unless they really are hurting themselves. I have just been fed up with people insisting that people who don't find any benefit from it are ignorant or whatever.

I think it's also hilarious that the guy thinks that stretching technology has somehow moved beyond our boomer ken.