Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6173 Post(s)
Liked 4,791 Times in 3,305 Posts
Originally Posted by prj71
I tried the phone as a bike computer in the past. Any ride recording or navigational features chew up the battery way too fast. Then if you actually need to use the phone as a phone...can't because the battery is dead.

As cheap as bike computers are it's just better to buy one.

If you are interested I have Lezyne Super GPS for sale at half the price of a new one. Just send me a private message.

https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/revie...r-gps-enhanced
For some very few, it might be just addiction to their phones that they want them out there. Yesterday, I passed a oncoming woman running with her phone stretched out in front of her. Had to call out to her to get her to look up and move over. Over fifteen minutes later I passed her again. Still with her phone held up in front of her.

And I've passed many a walker and wrecked once trying to avoid walkers with their head down looking at their phones not knowing others were coming toward them.

I still have never owned a phone I could see well enough in the sun. And I will always feel better about a Garmin, Lezyne, Wahoo or most any other cyclometer flying off my bars to be run over than I will my phone.

Last edited by Iride01; 07-22-21 at 12:43 PM.
Likes For Iride01: