Old 04-13-20, 10:14 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 179 Times in 116 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 936:

We received 6+ inches of fresh snow yesterday. The snow was thick and wet. Last night the temp dropped into the teens, which made the snow turn into rock hard chunks of ice.

Seeing as yesterday was Easter, I could about guarantee that they hadn't plowed the MUP. I thought about riding the fat bike the entire way to work, but when I opened the garage door I saw that the places that were clear of snow (like my driveway, and the tracks where cars had driven) were sheet ice. I opted to take the old winter bike, ride 1.25 miles and then hitch a ride on the bus for part of the commute.

I was a bit worried about the bus being a coronavirus hotspot, but when I got on I was surprised to see I was the only passenger. The driver said that since they closed all the businesses, hardly anyone has been riding the bus. Eight minutes later we reached downtown and I finished the ride to work.

The MUP should be completely plowed by the time I head home tonight, so I'm planning on riding the whole way home.