SquidPuppet
Calamari Marionette Ph.D

Bikes: 3 Chinese Gas Pipe Nerdcycles and 2 Chicago Electroforged Boat Anchors

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2358 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by hairnet
Hell yeah, the time just melts away. I'll probably go out more with my dad once the weather starts to cool down. I just wish I could get a bigger bike, the Honda 250 we have is like a clown bike under me.
I'm only six foot tall and even I'm way too big for even the biggest MX bike. Compact dudes have always been the fastest throughout history. When I stand up-sit down-stand up-sit down five hundred times during a race it takes its toll because the legs bend so deeply compared to a five foot six dude. For them it's like going up and down on a bar stool, a minor flex, far shallower and way less quad work. For you it must be like doing a full squat. I used to say I wish I was 6' tall on Friday night and 5'6" on Sunday morning. At 250 you should be on a 450 or a 250 2-stroke.

Back when I raced (before the stupid tight and slow indoor arena tracks that are all an air show and no speed) there was an open class. 500cc two strokes. TWICE the power of the current Pro top class. They only had four gears and you only used three because there was always too much power available. They used to ruin the tracks for the 250s and 125s. Knee deep gulches by the end of a 30 minute moto.

Better than sex x 10.

The thing I think I miss the most about MX over road racing was the violence of it all. The tracks were violent, the bikes were violent, and more often then not your opponents were violent. It was like ice hockey on wheels. Bash hard and exit fast.

Kawasaki KX 500: The one bike to ride before you die!

“A fuse looking for a light.”

“Unrideable.”

“Violent.”

Those are all quotes from the June 1983 issue of Dirt Bike. The subject? Kawasaki’s first KX500, a bike that was destined to become a legend in motocross and desert racing. It was a humble beginning for one of the greatest dirt bikes in history. At the time, there were no 500cc motocrossers. Kawasaki was the first to go there since the notorious 501 Maico of the previous decade. But in the end, the KX would outlast all others of its kind, officially turning out the lights on the 500 two-stroke class in 2004

https://dirtbikemagazine.com/kx500-t...efore-you-die/

Last edited by SquidPuppet; 08-28-17 at 11:06 PM.