Old 09-13-19, 06:40 PM
Metieval

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr

As for your earlier dig at me with regards to speak sing money for compressionless brake housing, I appreciated the advice on the site and took it into account when making a decision. You seem to think that since it was about a $30 component, hesitating to spend money is a bad thing. First, I dont know why anyone wouldnt consider the cost of something when deciding what to buy. Even if price is 8th on the list of importance, it's a consideration because if itnwerent, then why ot spend even more money for the product? Second, my hesitation wasn't just money based- I would have to wait 4 days for the housing if I bought it so if it want a significant improvement over standard coil housing, i wouldnt have to wait.
You have a unique way of interpreting things to fit the argument you seem to want to have.

odd that you never mentioned that "WAIT" in the other topic, you only mentioned MONEY!

It isn't my interpreting things, It is the dishonest way they are presented.

Like you and the other 2, Marcus and happy feet, already know where I stand on 32/36 spoke wheels. I am perfectly fine with 28 you all 3 know this to be true. We had a wheel discussion before and that is when marcus went on Ignore list.

So this thread was NOT about Mavic all road vs ___________ ( cantu or lightbicycle), It was enough to warrant being Related to the Mavic Allroad and how far can the 20/24 spokes be pushed.

YOU brought up MONEY in this thread, not me. I also called you out on honesty over it. You and I and everyone else knows that very few of us ever pay msrp on many items we talk about daily here on BF. You even brought up "what bike?" which is ABSOLUTELY and totally irrelevant!

Look I get it that you and I go round and round. Just ignore my threads? instead of Derailing them to be about MONEY, or what bike, in a wheel discussion.

I get it you ride steel I ride carbon. I'll ride the wheel that I deem best suits my purpose, vs acceptable trade offs due to bang for the buck. Your experience with 20/24 or even 28 spoke wheels and bikepacking is? At this point I don't even know if you have ever even experienced a high end wheelset. If I remember you are taller, and a bigger guy Clydesdale rider >220 lbs? If that is true then you probably have not ridden light weight wheel sets ever. or maybe you have and that is why you don't like them? If people talked about experience with details instead of regurgitating he said/she said stuff to be scripture.

*pause* I just remembered Jay Petervary and his warbird self supported silk road race. What wheel did he use Industry nine? What, is that a 24 spoke wheel?

that Jay Petervary's Warroad on Industry nine wheels is the info I SEEK when I start a thread on is the 20/24 Allroad spoke count going to cause problems.

I guess If I am shopping for a Carbon gravel bike, and higher end wheels, I probably shouldn't go to wal-mart and ask the guy working in the bike isle.

Last edited by Metieval; 09-13-19 at 06:45 PM.