Old 01-16-20, 08:30 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked 562 Times in 423 Posts
Originally Posted by Amt0571
Once, I kicked a car door, leaving a dent after the driver followed me at scaringly close distance with the car over the bike lane for more than 100m. I fully approve of your method.

When someone passes me in a dangerous manner, if it's in urban areas I usually pass in front of them at the next red light and suddenly, my urge to ride in the shoulder at high speed dissapears. Not that I advise doing this.

What I really advise doing is taking the whole lane when you don't want anyone to pass. I only ride on the right part of the lane or the shoulder when I can be passed safely. Otherwise I take the whole lane and make sure nobody will be able to pass me unless he puts the whole car on the incoming lane.

Sometimes there's an idiot that brakes a bit late or gets too close, but I found this less common than people passing too close with no visibility. When people get too close to me I also tend to slow down dramatically for unknown reasons.
You should have stopped him to tell him ''how much'' you loved him, if you understand what I mean If driver gets a good scare, he won't do it again. I might sound aggressive / violent, but when it comes to my own safety, I don't really care about the other things. Survival instinct I guess.

Of course, might not always work, especially if you are that 5'4'' cyclist weighting 140lbs, but at my size, I like to make myself heard.

Last edited by eduskator; 01-16-20 at 08:34 AM.
Likes For eduskator: