Old 03-01-21, 12:44 PM
giraffelt

Bikes: miyata 312, cannondale synapse 105

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sorg67
I have a small zip lock bag with a copy of my health insurance card, drivers license and credit card and $40. My wife's cell number is on the copy of the health insurance card. Usually I bring all those things with me when I ride, but sometimes I forget. This way I know I always have enough for a snack or drink and information for the emergency room.

My regular riding buddies know about the packet. Sometimes I tell someone in group rides, but not always.
I wear a dog tag with emergency contact and health info. I also carry my phone in a case in my back pocket which in addition to the phone a cc and $20.00 has a copy of my health insurance card, drivers license, auto club membership and car insurance. The auto club card is in case of breakdown that I can't fix they will come out and either fix it or give me a lift home, all part of the membership. I carry a copy of my car insurance because I once had a situation where I was stopped at a red light next to a very expensive car. When the light changed I fell over because my chain had slipped. No harm done other than to my ego but it got me thinking "what if I had gone over in the direction and damaged the expensive car beside me". I spoke to my car insurance company and they said it would have been covered under my auto policy but I would need to show proof of coverage to the driver.
Likes For giraffelt: