Old 07-23-21, 03:49 PM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Originally Posted by thumpism
The '90s Trek 850 I've been seeing at the co-op was in the dumpster during today's visit and I just could not resist. Probably an exercise in futility since the front wheel and seat are missing and that's the easy part. This thing must have spent years in the weather, although it does not look too bad. Seat post is stuck so I have it soaking, BB so dry it was locked up so I poured some oil in and worked it loose. Rear hub was the same way. Tossed the locked-up plastic pedals. It's a 20" frame (full CroMo) but I already have the Marin that I found last year. Shame to get rid of it but I just don't need it and it needs too much for me to mess with it except out of boredom. Nice frameset if anyone wants it. Probably not worth shipping. Too bad I didn't grab it when I first saw it a year or so ago.
Some poor bas...er, uh, one of our fellow enthusiasts has expressed interest in this bike and I've agreed to pack it off to him, so it is no longer available unless he changes his mind.