DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by beng1
I

but I passed a few cars and caught up with the other cyclist ahead.

I noticed they were pedaling a bit slower than I was, so I suggested they try a gear that would let them spin faster and that they might go faster, and they did, and said that it was easier to hold the speed, but they did not go any faster.

When we came to a little rise I told them to speed up when approaching a rise instead of letting it slow you down, but it seemed hard for them.

Another larger rise came up that included a bridge crossing over water and I called it out in advance and said to "punch it", which I did and I went on ahead as fast as I could go,

When I looked back to see the other rider they had dropped back quite a ways, so I sat up and took it easy for a while so they could catch up, .

I find it amusing when people overtake me and give me unsolicited advice. Im a trackie and dont have the characteristic whippet thin road racer physique so i guess people may at times assume im a rec. rider out there thrashing about.
Happened to me once on a popular lake road close to my location -- i was spinning an easy gear at about 110 rpm and a gent who had bridged up to me suggested i gear down a bit, it would help me go faster. I literally held up my HRM to show him that it was hovering around 125 and let him know that it was my recovery day and i was just keeping my effort between 120-130 BPM for the most part and have no need to do anything further , and thats when the Cat-6 Bad azz droped the hamer on me , got out of the saddle and started flailing about like MArk Cavendish in a sprint --- i was just thinking "O-------- kay "
Likes For DMC707: