View Single Post
Old 10-19-13, 04:13 PM
surreal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I have quite a few bikes, so i'm often doing some kind of maintenance or some sort of experimental parts swap or something else along those lines.

Part of me wishes I'd never accumulated so many bikes, b/c it'd be so much easier to just have something to commute/ride roads on and something fun for the trails. And, yeah, I could prolly sell off some bikes and simplify, but the fact is: I'm a hopeless addict. I buy random frames and embark on new projects with alarming frequency.

BlueBullDog, I think the fact that you keep your bike in-tune and well-lubed is laudable. I'm not surprised that ppl try to heckle you about it, b/c many ppl do not appreciate that putting time/effort into things will help make them last much longer. Keep up the good work. Your bike will only become cooler as it gets older--- ppl who neglect their bikes end up with a POC that they've run into the ground.

I just did some (fairly overdue) routine maintenance on my roadbike the other day (this and my geared mtb are the only complete bikes I have with derailers, but I have a project or 2 in the works with derailers as well); what a PITA compared to my singlespeed/FG/IGH rigs. Unbelievable how much more there is to clean and lube with the derailer gears...