Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by SkinGriz
What size rotors?
180 f/r

Originally Posted by Moisture
What size is this frame and how tall are you? ...tell us more how it performs the way you have it set up now, versus, how you expect it to perform stock (on what sort of terrain etc)
175cm & I always loved the handling of this frame. I can't describe it too well. It handles exactly the same now, as a road bike, as it did then, as a rigid MTB.

Originally Posted by ShannonM
...it looks you've got a ton of duplicates.
Thanks for the input. Calculating and picking the drivetrain components was the most difficult part of this built since it is really so special --> 26" road bike with MTB tire option. The gearing basically ended up being what would be considered "gravel."

I now realize that my actual gearing is not listed. I decided to go with 46/30, 9-32:

The gearing on top is the current build. Bottom is my 29er rigid MTB.

I have a lot of what are basically duplicates, but that doesn't bother me much as I am not too picky about spacing. I thought that I was, but ever since using an XT 1x12 system, I much more prefer the bigger spacing and better range. So in this build, I basically wanted enough range to allow me the flexibility to run either the 35mm slicks or 2.5" knobbies.

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets
Turned out very nice! I've done a couple of roadiefied MTBs, but didn't put that much work into them. Most '90s rigid fork MTBs can run 700c road wheels with road calipers no problemo, just need to find the right reach of brake. The BB is a little high, and I really felt it when I ran 38mm knobbies! Not too bad with 23mm tires though.
Is that a Park-pre?

Originally Posted by Moisture
would you say it's worth it if I use a shorter stem?
This depends on a lot. How big is the frame and how big are you?

I think the overall issue you're going to have if you do the same that I have done is the stack which will be too short with a short reach (short stem). I suggest getting a shorter stem, yes, but one that adds significantly to your stack height.

Currently I have a 35mm stem and although the reach is perfect, the stack is slightly too short. I think a 3cm rise would be optimal.

Good luck. You have a nice frame that would also work well with a disc conversion.

Last edited by pressed001; 10-31-21 at 02:30 PM.