View Single Post
Old 04-06-21, 06:56 PM
75lechamp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane LeChampion (silver lilac), 1974 Motobecane Grand Jubile (red/black); 1975 Motobecane Team Champion (orange); 1982 Pinarello Professional (Exorcist Green); 1974 Raleigh Professional MkIV mink blue, 1974 Motobecane Grand Record blk/red

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 750 Times in 172 Posts
1975 Team Champion

For many years this was my holy grail, and finally I now have it. I bought it from the original owner, who raced it in Southern California, and one day decided to anodize all the Campy parts black. Many years later, he moved out here to Boulder and I think the bike languished in a field and acquired "patina".... I wanted to honor it's past, so have kept it as original as possible, and treated/clearcoated all the surface rust. It's a worthy capstone to my modest Motobecane stable, which includes a '75 Le Champion (I am the original owner), and a '74 Grand Jubile (red/black, possibly the most beautiful paint on any bike I've seen). I am still searching for a Grand Record, preferably in Black/Red, but the one above in silver/black is absolutely stunning so I might change my mind(!)
Likes For 75lechamp: