View Single Post
Old 04-09-20, 08:22 AM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 1,769 Times in 635 Posts
Originally Posted by Daven27
I'm not sure if this would be helpful because most of the websites with local offers are unfortunately only in Polish.

Our craigslist example is www.olx.pl, www.gratka.pl
Ebay-like auction service: www.allegro.pl
I live in Gdynia which is in Pomorskie voivodeship (similiar to USA states).
Well it's still possible to just use search engine with some brand names and maybe something interesting will pop-up. If you need help PM me, thanks.

This is what I found so far:
1. Raleigh Pursuit 25" frame, not sure if it's CRO-MO, propably regular steel (Raleigh 18-23 Steel Tubing that's what seller wrote). Very cheap around 70 pounds including shipping.

2. Some Bianchi unfinished project. Unfortunately frame seems to be 22".

3. Gazelle Reynolds 531 24" size

4. Same as above but 23"

5. Koga Miyata Roadrunner 23"

6. Some Raleigh Reynolds 501 22,5"

7. Univega Alpina 5.7 size 21" but I believe it's MTB frame?

8. American Eagle Concorde 21"

9. Trek 830 complete bike for around 100$ which could be a good base for future modifications and it's located in my city. 21" frame

+ Lots of interesting frames from this seller, unfortunately all in Polish, I can help with translation.

https://www.olx.pl/oferty/q-rama/?se...e%3Ato%5D=1000

That's all I could find for now, as you can see it's hard to find interesting 25" frame, will keep searching.

Yes I'm going to look into ebay.de soon!
For a basic gravel grinder the Trek would likely work basiically as shown. I have found that for a bigger rider late 80's early 90's nice larger hard frame MTB's make great gravel grinders and you won't have to deal with the hassles and cost of building or converting a bike which can easily run several handred dollars and might not work out well. Whatever you get I would suggest you start with a complete working bike rather than a frame set which will cost about half or less than the cost of building similar bike from the frame up based on experiance.
Likes For zukahn1: