Old 05-10-21, 08:10 PM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3956 Post(s)
Liked 7,307 Times in 2,949 Posts
Originally Posted by Aagra1207
Frankly speaking I have been riding Trek FX4 from last 3 yrs and i wanted a bit faster bike. So i was searching for carbon road bike in under 4k CAD range...in entire Toronto there are no road bikes available in this price and size range. This store had 56 and 54 available and I asked for 56 as I "somehow" thought 56 is better for me. I told my history to the shop representative and he gave me 56cm evo. When i reached home and saw the size chart in cannondale website i saw 54 is recommended for my height so i went back and I asked to try 54 but not sure why the representative kept seat height of 54cm bit high and it was really uncomfortable to ride. The reasoning he gave to go with 56 was even though website is suggesting 54, but for more endurance kind of fit, i should go for 56 as there the seat tube is bit taller. He said that If I was looking for more racing kind of needs, then he would have suggested 54cm. So i came back with 56 but i just wanted some expert advice from this forum as didnt wanted to continue using wrong size and hurt my back or shoulders....One other thing I noticed (and I am bit finicky on that) is if I try to press thumb on the top tube, it squeezes a bit...i hope that is normal for carbon top tube?
What they're telling you is reasonable.