cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 453 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
That 20" bike is neat; wouldn't mind owning it, but don't need folding mechanism.
The 20" Qualisports Dolphin was an experiment prior to my Chinese cargo e-bike purchase.

I wanted to try out an e-bike with seatpost battery to see if the comfort level was decent for city traffic & road surfaces.
The longest ride I've take on it was about 27 miles (battery capacity down to 25%) and I would prefer to have a suspension seatpost with the ride.
The tires are 20x3", I guess i could ride with lower tire pressure to allow more comfort.
The folding mechanism is rather elegant, doesn't add much weight to the bike, but allow convenience when you need to fit the bike into a car.
I can easily fit the Dolphin into the back of my Prius, if it was much heavier, it would have been more difficult.

Fat tire folding e-bike also has 20" wheels, just the fat tires makes wheel diameter look like 24".
Casts wheels seem to provide more durability vs spoked wheels, I can't really tell if there is a weight penalty.
I did a few rides in the snow with it, it has about 45 mile battery range in sub-freezing temperature while operating with level 2 PAS, (total 5 levels).
I haven't ridden it much since the weather got warmer, just few errand runs here & there, not enough to drain the battery to below 60% with the regen.
The fat tires generate lots of noise on pavement, maybe that's why I don't like to ride it as much as the other bikes.
Originally, the bike came with a folding stem, which puts riding position very upright.

I converted it to a adjustable stem & lowered the handlebar height.

Last edited by cat0020; 07-21-21 at 07:49 AM.
Likes For cat0020: