Thread: Ride distances
View Single Post
Old 08-14-22, 07:33 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 1,678 Times in 827 Posts
I have three types of "good" rides:

One is commuting. To work and back, running errands, or meeting someone.

Another type is a fun or pleasure ride, where I pick a destination and ride to it, either completely planned or with room for exploration or even a complete change of destination, just going where the spirit moves me.

The third type of ride is when I feel like riding, but can't find the motivation to just go ride, I tell myself, "The motivation is out there waiting to be found."...and it always is. Always.

Since that covers everything, so I will say all rides are good rides for me.

Also because I have something to prove. Twelve years ago I was off the bike for a year due to a non-biking injury. I worked hard to get back on the bike and back to becoming a daily bike commuter...which I did. And now at 60 I am using the bike and bike commuting to stay healthy into my senior years.

I'm fighting the good fight, and my bike is one of my main weapons, so every ride is a good ride.

Sure, I like to push myself for a little more speed or distance now and then...but I guess I'm really in a years long marathon ride, whose finish is hopefully years off in the future.
Likes For BobbyG: