I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6196 Post(s)
Liked 4,810 Times in 3,318 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasJen
Originally Posted by rsbob View Post
why not set up a pole with various distance and difficulty criteria? Just a thought
Mainly because there are simply far too many options, and I'm sure if I tried, I would miss some..
Good choice on your part.

I do a lot of HR Zone 3 and 4 on a 22 mile route with about 980 feet of total climbing. Sometimes I do laps to get 35 and 45 miles or more out of it. Zone 2 time is maybe 6 minutes and Zone 5 time usually exceeds that. When I go for rides in the 60 mile range, I'll have more Zone 2 time but the only time it is a majority of my time is when I'm riding in a group where everything is easier with someone else in front busting the air.

This year I've been sticking to the MUP quite a bit. It hasn't been as crowded as it had been when COVID hit and now the heat has most staying indoors or elsewhere. I think quite a few other cyclist here avoid the MUP for various reasons. But for me it gives my intervals of hard effort on the short climbs and rest on the downslopes. A flatter route would be boring to me.

When it gets a little cooler I'll probably go off on the other routes I've been ignoring this year. Partly because they are off in nowhere and fewer people to encounter and harder for help to get to if needed.