Old 04-12-23, 04:27 PM
Cscottdavis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Bicycle commuter helmet

First, completed your survey. Hope it helps with the class.

Second, felt compelled to express my own opinion. Apologize in advance for my regrettable lack of self-control.

BLUF: I would pay around $150 for a moderately well ventilated, MIPS helmet with generic mounts (i.e., GoPro or Garmin style) for front and rear lights, mounts for an optional (additional $20 - $40) vizor/eye shield, and a mount for an optional (additional $20 - $50) helmet mounted mirror.

I would like to reiterate the idea of being able to mount my own choice of accessories to the helmet.

Mounts for front and rear facing lights are a must for me. Getting a flashing light as high off the ground as possible seems a no-brainer when commuting on the road. Trek’s Bontrager Circuit does this, but it is largely tied to their “blendr” light mounting system.

I would also like to be able to add/remove a vizor/eye shield for cold weather. Something with a quick release or magnetic mounts seems ideal. Something along the lines of the Lazer Urbanizer MIPS helmet, but not necessarily an urban style helmet. This item could be sold as an option / repair part for $20 - $40.

Have never ridden with a helmet mounted mirror but would be open if the helmet came with a quick release or magnetic mounting scheme. The mirror could be sold as an option / repair part somewhere between $20 - $50.

Personally, I am intrigued with the idea of a rear facing camera with some sort of HUD display. However, I would probably not buy it at any price point until such a helmet had a good track record with people I know and trust. All those electronics – if poorly executed – can end up as a lot of non-functional weight.

Hope this helps.
Likes For Cscottdavis: