Old 12-07-18, 08:51 AM
fstrnu

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This winter, I'm planning to experiment with repeating the same workouts and basing power on maximum sustainable intensity.

I'm also somewhat early out of the gate as my endurance is already good with a 1x120 @ 75% cardiac drift of <5%. But I'm going to continue to perform this workout weekly for maintenance purposes and to burn calories.

I've just begun adding 4x4 @ MSI and 4x8 @ MSI as long as I make progress and then will incorporate 40/20's.

Everything including 1x120 (with Netflix and microbreaks every 10 minutes) will be using manually-controlled fixed power.

I'll be monitoring RPE, HR and cardiac drift (fixed power equivalent of aerobic decoupling).

(Especially until I find MSI) If I know I have another interval in me, then I'll perform and extra interval and increase power for the subsequent workout.

If RPE and/or cardiac drift is higher but HR is lower then I'll assume that is because of fatigue-induced heart rate suppression.

I'm planning to experiment with allowing more fatigue accumulation balanced with more frequent/longer recovery periods.

I'm already doing fairly well with consistent sleep, nutrition, caffeine, hydration for both performance and indicator reliability.

I'm also going to add 25g protein to my daily diet.

I'm also going to be incorporating a significant amount of core and upper body work so that need to be consistent and monitored / accounted for.