Old 05-21-19, 05:57 AM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by work4bike
I've been doing squats and other lower-body exercises to work on improving my cycling legs, mostly focusing on strength; however, now I've started incorporating power training using explosive moves with lower weights and I can really feel the difference on the bike.
I'd think you want to use heavier weights and focus on the 1-5 rep range if strength is your goal. True? Perfect if cycling is your primary sport since you get useful strength without unnecessary bulk.

I've been using the Ground Based Jammer in the gym. I get in a low-squatting position (for this I stand on an 8-inch platform, so I can get in below "parallel" squat position) and then I propel upward with near 100% force. I do this with both legs and single leg exercises.

Video showing the Ground Based Jammer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKkUV0Eg-N0
First, I think its time for a new Spring titled thread, don't you agree? Although at this point it won't be for very long since summer's only a month away so maybe just skip ahead?

Anyway, back to the machine. I don't like it, since its limited to your upper body strength. Although I have used it albeit solely as a rehab for my shoulder. But I know its used as described since there's one of them at the university gym.