Old 10-29-20, 11:29 PM
atwl77
Kamen Rider

Bikes: Fuji Transonic Elite, Marechal Soul Ultimate, Dahon Dash Altena

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked 277 Times in 164 Posts
Although my local audax club has already posted their entire 2021 plan, but due to the current pandemic I'm going to assume that things are not set in stone and there's bound to be changes and rescheduling all year round. Regardless, three things that I'm looking forward to:
- an LRM1300 in March 2021, which was supposed to happen this year but was postponed due to the pandemic, among other things
- another BRM1000 in July 2021
- a BRM600 titled "Big Hills Challenge", so I'm expecting plenty of elevation from this, which will also be a great benchmark to test how well I may do in PBP or similar climb-heavy routes

Interestingly they also have a couple of rest months, including November 2020 (which is understandable considering the level of lockdowns at the moment), as well as two rest months in 2021 centered around major race-related public holidays that fall on those months. Not entirely on board with the idea, seems like they could have just fit in a short BRM200 for those months and people will still have plenty of time for their vacations, celebrations, fasting and whatnots.

Anyways, I don't have any particular goal in mind for 2021, other than keep fit and continue improving my performance. I would love to get a sub-30h completion time for a 600k - certainly not the hilly one but maybe one of the flatter BRM600's that's scheduled next year - but it's no biggie if I don't achieve that. 2022 is going to be the big year in preparation for PBP 2023, so for me there's still time in 2021 to just enjoy, fool around and experiment.
Likes For atwl77: