Thread: 2021 Randonnees
View Single Post
Old 10-31-20, 02:17 PM
ROT_01

Bikes: Old Fields randonneuse (local framebuilder, classic French style); Trek Hardtail 29er; Hercules (German mixte from the early 80's)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
For now, rides in my region for 2021 are being scheduled later than usual by a few months at least (April and May, rather than January and February). We will have to wait and see if any of these scheduled events can actually happen.

I was really looking forward to riding the Cascades 1200km brevet in 2021. I even made some changes and investments in my business that were much needed, but would also allow me to get away more easily for training and riding the Cascades 1200. I'm glad we made the changes, but now I'm not sure the ride will even take place. Even if it is scheduled, I'm not sure I can commit to it now. It is such a challenging course that I feel like 100% commitment is necessary. With all the pandemic-related uncertainty I'm pretty much giving up on the idea and just glad my business is doing well and I have stayed healthy so far. So I'm not beating myself up too much. I'm enjoying what riding I can get in locally but now thinking I'll be taking it easy for another season in hopes of saving money and energy for big rides again in another year or two. Meanwhile, I'm working with a frame builder friend to build a new bike too.