View Single Post
Old 08-09-21, 08:33 AM
rhm
multimodal commuter

Bikes: 1940s Fothergill, 1959 Allegro Special, 1963? Claud Butler Olympic Sprint, Lambert 'Clubman', 1974 Fuji "the Ace", 1976 Holdsworth 650b conversion rando bike, 1983 Trek 720 tourer, 1984 Counterpoint Opus II, 1993 Basso Gap, 2010 Downtube 8h, and...

Mentioned: 584 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1908 Post(s)
Liked 574 Times in 339 Posts
It sounds to me like your saddle is too wide. Possibly the edge is too hard; but if the saddle were narrower there, that wouldn't matter.

I am very doubtful about the utility of measuring your "sit bones," which are shaped kinda like the rockers on a rocking chair, but backwards; on a person they are close together in front and farther apart in back The points at which they contact the saddle are closer together if you tilt your pelvis forward, and farther apart if you sit relatively upright. To measure them correctly you have to mimic your position on the bike-- and this is the detail I never see in the "how to measure your sit bones" instructions.

That said, on the MTB you probably had a relatively upright position, so perhaps my misgivings are unwarranted in this case.