Old 08-18-21, 06:51 AM
Pulse_

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
1 month to prepare for a road cycling challenge: what are your recommendations?

Hi,

my work company plans to organize a cycling challenge which consists in different routes up to 200km in distance. It's taking place next month so I have 5 weeks in front of me to prepare. I'm a full beginner in road cycling even if I have a pretty good physical condition. What would be a realistic goal of distance considering I could train 3 times a week until then?

Do you have any general recommendations to prepare myself the best way possible even in this short period of time? Are there electronic devices you think are mandatory to monitor my progression/ physical condition?

My road bikes are endurance oriented (Trek Domane AL2 and Triban RC520 Disc) so they should do the trick. Both are new, I'm coming from mountain biking and planned to use the Trek for nice roads and sunny days (25mm tires, 2x8 Claris groupset, brake pads) and the Triban (28mm tires, 2x11 105 groupset, disc brakes) for gnarlier roads and/or bad weather. Converting it for gravel later is also an option. For now I've no idea which one to choose, what do you think?

Many thanks,
Eric

Last edited by Pulse_; 08-18-21 at 08:08 AM.