Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3886 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by Pulse_
Nice, you have all my respect! Tandem is great. My mother is technically blind (she can see shapes and distinguish light though) and is riding a tandem too. She lives in southern France, near the Mont Ventoux . Sharing bike cycling is a great adventure, I just wished road cycling was safer though. I like the sensations, I just had a 2 hours ride near Brussels but it's tricky with 25mm wide tires and the gaps in the rails (tramways). In the wet it's almost mission impossible not to slide on them, I've got to find better spots to ride even if I can go as fast as cars. Luckily I live near a big park and there is a large road around it where there are no cars. I mean never. It's about 3km long I would say and I can do the "circle" as many times I want. And the road is perfect. Your rythm is impressive, I'm convinced there is no age to do sports. We need to adapt for sure but there is always a gap for improvement

I just have a question for everybody. I feeel great everywhere but there is one spot where I feel a tension: in the lower part of the back of my neck:
Do you have any idea if this is due to a bad positioning? I can find relief when I tuck my head inside my shoulders (chin against my torso) but then I don't see the road anymore.. which isn't practical to see around me

Don't worry the picture isn't me for now I still have my skin
Maybe roll your pelvis forward and straighten your upper back, see: https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycl...discovery.html