Old 06-05-23, 12:39 PM
bikecommuter13

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by maddog34
well since you think you've figured out the problem.. why are you asking people for their diagnoses?

smh.

those pins (not "screws") are not your issue. MOST cassetteshave them to make installing a cassette easier and more idiot-proof.
and neither is "overtightening the lockring".

there IS a chancethat the lockring is rubbing the dust cover inside the freehub.. did you move that dust cover?

there's a much larger chance that something got knocked out of alignment in your BRAKE SYSTEM.

and, if you installed a provided SPACER behind the cassette, and it WASN'T NEEDED, then that might cause a lockring to rub yor frame at the dropout.

Now quit second guessing a bunch of people trying to help you and inspect YOUR BIKE'S BRAKES First, ok?
I didn't mean to second guess people. But the brakes are the first thing I checked. I have loosen the brake cable. It's not rubbing. It's just that I don't change cassette too often and it takes a lot of time for me to get things done right (or just in order). So I wanted to get some insight from people here before I redo everything again.