Old 09-27-21, 05:22 PM
SoSmellyAir
Method to My Madness

Bikes: Trek FX 2, Cannondale Synapse x2, Cannondale CAAD4, Santa Cruz Stigmata 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1971 Post(s)
Liked 1,491 Times in 1,034 Posts
Originally Posted by Amelio
Maybe this will go over better for you guys, because the replies I'm getting aren't really what I was looking for, and maybe I came across wrong?
No, BF is just filled with cycling puritans who, while not against people spending money per se, are offended when people spend money not in accordance with their respective strict cycling value systems.

I'm annoyed the new groupset is out, just over a month after getting this bike.
That said, an annoyance at not having the "latest and greatest" despite having just made a significant purchase (albeit at a "sweet deal") is very much to be expected due to the timing of said significant purchase, and certainly not a reason to detract from your further enjoyment of said significant purchase. As far as I know we cannot buy bikes like we (used to) buy iPhones, i.e., an upgrade every other year. Just go ride your Aethos more often before the Toronto winter arrives.

You're right, I do love to tinker, esp with the electronic side of things, it's just what I like to do.
I too love to tinker almost as much as I love to ride, but fail to see how much more tinkering enjoyment you would get from a 12 speed Di2 system compared to an 11 speed Di2 system.

Originally Posted by PeteHski
Are you surprised? Imagine your wife has just bought a new $3k handbag. Then a month later she hears that a new almost identical handbag has just come out with 1 extra internal pocket. So now she wants to sell the "old" handbag and buy the new one asap. But actually there's also a completely different handbag she's thinking about buying as an alternative. She's been on all the handbag forums asking what others think.
My wife flips purses, so I would just tell her to buy all of the aforementioned handbags and then decide which ones to sell. Unlike gently used road bikes, high end handbags in excellent condition are a hedge against inflation. Her purse hobby makes money; my cycling hobby costs money.
Likes For SoSmellyAir: