Old 08-10-22, 06:45 PM
Lman
L-man

Bikes: Co Op cty 1.3 -light touring ~1972 Peugeot OU 8 / 1992? Specialized Allez Shimankestien

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by SoCaled
The smarter folks have confirmed what I was thinking, but couldn't prove, not an Allez. I have been blown away by how often I have seen bikes impersonating other bikes and the motivations are often hard to figure. I have, what I now know to be, a 1988 Specialized Rockhopper Comp - I bought it painted and decal-ed as a Pinarello, but for less that Rockhopper money? A few months ago I saw an ad for a "Schwinn LeTour" when I opened the pictures it was painted and labelled as a "Fat Chance" no one would confuse those bikes for each other and it was labelled as what it actually was? Why? There is also some history of what you are talking about - people adding Reynolds decals to gas pipe bikes, claiming random Schwinn's as Paramounts and the apparently widespread "Fake DeRosa" https://www.derosabikes.com.au/pages...ng-fake-frames. My other favorite is bikes just listed as something they are obviously not, like a bike with clear decals that all say TREK listed as "Raleigh bike" It is a strange world we live in.
thank you for sharing....fascinating to hear you speak. Again thanks you for sharing. It's always fun ( for me) to hear the history of purchases,and often the past life.