Old 12-02-19, 12:54 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
Liked 5,433 Times in 2,759 Posts
Originally Posted by molten
I've lost my sympathy for bike-related vets. As I have known `1 of such for several decades+. Later in the future, then come a day he is at my front door -- saying "I want my bike back." Saying the name of the bike he chose to give me, as I was in his bike shop -- years ago. As I was expressing how much I admired it. But then in a future time, he ordered a source of his, who owned the bike -- to transfer it to Me. But of this Vet, who related to The Bike Shop: I also had situation with him in which he called me & wanted to know how much I would sell a specific Campagnolo component for. As he claim to have a customer who want to switch components from the frame the customer had. But the Vet was expecting to get a lower price from me, than what an online price would have been. As I was only going to sell what online price was paid for.. I requested contact of who this buying source was; but I was never told who it was. This was the only time we talked about product value and or selling value, in entire chat: as I was waiting for him to open the questions of such topic against me -- as he was in the business of selling. But he never did bring the questions.
But unfortunately I was in a situation that I had to sell a selected bike I had. As this Vet been an experienced vintage bike seller -- whom I had done repeated/past business with. And of never any trouble. I assigned him to sell my such bike for Me. But NOW rather he attempted take off without any compensation. As his past/original business practice was paying a commission. (But After) I now gave him control of my bike, another Valid source showed me proof of the Vet selling (what was my) 'bike' rather as broken down.
At a later time, he comes back -- making a total cash compensation payment that be no more than 25% value what I would have asked for.
Since then, I have lost trust in reputation of "vets."
Is this the same guy who took your trainer?