Old 09-01-22, 07:11 AM
schundog

Bikes: Masi CXR, Trek Crossrip 3, Trek 5500 OCLV, 1982 Bianchi SS, Civia Kingfield Belt-Drive Commuter, Cannondale T700, Cannondale R600, Cannondale R800, Centurion Dave Scott Ironman Expert, 1988 Peugeot Nice, Marin Bobcat Trail 3 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 26 Posts
[QUOTE=motogeek;22630780]
Originally Posted by schundog
In addition to Julian's impressive collection of single rider bikes, he and his wife have 5 tandem bikes, because, ya know, choices....lol

Thanks again for hosting this, Steve; I plan to be there for the 5th year in a row, and, for the 5th year in a row, with nothing any where near as interesting as you or Julian's bikes! I have told Ted about it, and I think he is planning to come.

This past year I have had a friend from years ago reach out to me, asking questions about buying a road bike. He has a Peloton, and uses it quite a bit, but wanted to get a "real" bike. As we are the same height, I gave him a lot of pointers, but told him to just borrow my old 1985 Trek 400 Series I brought to my first Tanner's ride. He has been riding the heck out of it this summer, even doing his first English Century on it with me and our club, the Mclean County Wheelers. It was actually both his first Metric Century, too; his longest ride prior to this day was 30 miles! All this to say, he may be joining us, as well.. I look forward to seeing you then.

Brian[/QUOTE

What size does he ride? I have a couple vintage Motobecane Grand Records that I am thinking about getting rid of in the 52 cm size.
Thanks, but he's my height, around 6'3". While he has enjoyed riding my old steel bike, he's set on getting a modern steed. He may, like me, realize down the road that there is a place for BOTH....