Old 09-05-22, 07:45 PM
daaave

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
If someone breaks into your shed and steals a couple bikes, it won’t matter that you have video footage. The cops don’t give a ****. That is petty crime to them. They’re just gonna file a report so you have something to send to your insurance company. Best solution is bigger locks and stronger doors.
I agree. Plus if you happen to see someone on the footage, good luck proving in a court of law who did it. Just because the thug looks like johnny switchblade, it can be hard to prove that.

What has worked for me in the past.....
Firearm practice. Many criminals are opportunistic with crime. If they hear you practicing with your handgun outside a couple times in the summer, they understand that their chances of getting shot just went up.

Random Security rounds (used to work in a prison). Sounds dumb, but i'll do a walk around the property once a day I have a mental check list of what is where. i will leave certain worthless items outside sometimes and memorize where i left them exactly just to see if it gets moved.

Make eye contact and say hi to all your neighbors or people walking by. Criminals will case houses during the day by walking by, driving by, biking by, walking their dog, or pretending to be a solicitor. Anytime anyone walks by my house and i'm outside, i make eye contact and say hello. Make a comment about one of their attributes, nice tat bruh, or hey i like your shoes, where'd ya get that jacket, whats your name, where ya from.. The criminal will write you off because you have now seen him. The more you know him, the less he will rob you.

Get in shape. Every criminal i know sizes up everyone they come in contact with. If you're some fat flabby dad bod cheeseburger body walking around, that's easy prey.
Likes For daaave: