View Single Post
Old 09-21-22, 07:44 PM
Grouperdawg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclezen
hmmmm... 35 views and no takers so far? BF is losing it's touch...
Did you change your saddle position (to compensate for hamstring re-injury buzzin around in your head)? If so, that will certainly cause some issues.
Coming back hard after a long layoff is the same as doing sprint intervals without doing any warm up...
Just because they haven't been used, doesn't mean that your muscles have lost much strength. It takes many weeks for muscles to really show a strong decrease. However, 'fitness' /aerobic capacity shows marked decrease in 2 weeks and 3 weeks off shows a very significant drop. So, not only are you losing aerobic fitness quicker, you're also losing the ability to fuel the muscles at a quicker rate than the decease in the muscles function. DId you ride centuries and do intervals at some short time after getting back on the bike?
Age can have a hand in all this...
Any concept of working back into cycling effort over a measured and building program?
If the legs hurt when you push your finger into them, that turkey is done... take it out of the oven.
Early July - 2 months would be Labor day for back on bike? Ease on back in? Doesn't sound like it.
if you want the burn to go away, real recovery rides, every ride, for probably at least 2 weeks or as long as it takes to get the legs to stop hurting from a simple poke. Then ease back into a building rate of efforts over following weeks, not days. Need I mention stretching and self-massage (If you can regularly 'get' a massage, even better...)
'Recovery ride' nothing much above mid zone 2, only when a hill requires get near 50% FTP... slow down, easy cadence, but a light spin. If you're not waving to small children as they pass you on their bikes, you;re goin too fast, working too hard...
it works...
Ride On
Yuri
thx for taking the time to write this detailed post. I haven’t changed anything on the bike

I’m not sure on the exact date, but I’m pretty sure the full eight weeks would have been the week before Labor Day bc Labor Day was try start of the centuries. So may have been end of June. But i started peddling maybe a week half before that which was encouraged

The centuries were with 28 riders and I sat in so wasn’t much work except some hills but still burned. We did 130 the longest day

Took five days off after that

age is 50

alot of that makes sense, bc my muscles don’t feel weak. They just burn like crap

have done a good bit of the massage and normatec