Old 09-28-22, 08:53 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 652 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4719 Post(s)
Liked 3,034 Times in 1,874 Posts
The subject frame appears to be a Miki product. They produced aero frames for both Shogun and SR, as well as others. Most manufacturers tended to favour either tubes with an aero profile over their full length or tubes that were aero profile in the mid-section but round at both ends. Miki, on the other hand, liked down and seat tubes that were aero in the mid-section and at one end but round at the BB end. I susepct that his was to retain lateral rigidity in an area where the spinning crankset and legs negated most of the aerodynamic benefits. There would also have been an associated cost benefit.

Small details, such as the seat post retention method, do not appear to be brand specific, as I have seen both methods used on the same brand. They could be year and/or model specific but I have not been able to collect enough information to make a definitive statement,

It's definitely not a Cinelli, as it looks nothing like their Laser aero models. If your friend buys the bicycle or even goes to see it, I'd appreciate the serial number for my database. TIA.

Last edited by T-Mar; 09-28-22 at 09:02 AM.
Likes For T-Mar: